Sunday, February 26, 2012

Philip Yancey

When we lived in Colorado, we were fortunate to attend the same church as Philip Yancey, the acclaimed Christian writer. On a couple of occasions we were able to meet, share experiences and talk about life and spiritual living. Meeting him and knowing his physical voice has made reading his books more of a personal experience. When I read the pages of his books recounting an experience, I can hear his inflection, see the smirk on his face and read into it the subtleties of my personal knowledge of him. I appreciate him as a writer all the more.

Isn't that the way it should be with you, Lord, that when we read your Word we should see you face to face--to hear your intention, see the smirk on your face and understand the subtleties of my personal walk with you? In fact it should be better but I have to say that it's not. So, as of today, I have decided to apply a little personal discipline to that effort of knowing you better. Using the prayer journal "Keeping Company with God" as a guide, I am going to write my responses here for better or worse. I am not going to edit much, trying to keep the prayer thought flowing and in that way know you better. Thanks for giving me the life opportunity to meet Philip and know his voice. It will forever be in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment